Happy New Years to everyone in the Central Coast! We at Valley Hills Realty have had a great start to 2017 and we hope that you have too. This year will bring many changes to you and family around you and one of those changes may be in the comfort of your own home. One way to make your home more comfortable is to get rid of clutter. Here are 5 ways to bring down clutter around your house.
Follow these tips for easy and quick ways to de-clutter your home.
1. Adding shelves: The addition of shelves in your home will not only create space but also give your home a different feel. Get rid of stuff that is lying around on the floor and place them on shelves to give you more floor space.
2. Garage storage: Make your garage your main storage area. Yes you can have multiple uses for the garage but if you set it as your primary storage area, you will have more space in your home.
3. Getting rid of broken items: It may be hard to get rid of some precious stuff in your house but if the item is broken or un-useable, then why keep it? They just take up space around your home so get rid of them to get your space back.
4. Placing stuff in drawers: If you have extra drawers around the house, you can use those drawers to create more space. By neatly organizing in drawers, one can get rid of clutter that is simply lying around.
5. Reorganize one room at a time: By taking it one room at a time, it will seem much less stressful when reorganizing. Take it easy and calm.
By going through these steps on a monthly basis, you will experience a home that is much more livable than before with more space and room to mingle in.
When purchasing a home there are many things that can be overlooked. A thing that one must keep in mind when buying a house, especially for first-time home buyers, is the differences between an Appraisal and an Inspection. A Home Appraisal and a Home Inspection are reports based on the inspection of a home but they each have different requirements or elements to them. An appraisal is used to determine the market value of a home and is required by the mortgage lender. An inspection is a more detailed evaluation of the home usually requested by the home buyer and is not required by the lender.
When a home buyer needs to borrow money, known as a mortgage, the lender will require an appraisal of the home to provide a more accurate estimate of the home’s value. Home appraisals are usually short and do not take much time. The real estate appraiser will assess the actual home as well as provide a comparison of homes that have been sold in the same neighborhood, usually within the last year.
Home inspections are more detailed and are requested by the home buyer since they are not required for the home seller to provide. A home inspector will evaluate the details of the home like the AC, plumbing, electrical, and other areas alike. Though they are not required, home inspections are strongly recommended so that the buyer has a more accurate depiction of the property that they are buying.
During the dates of November 25 through December 23 join us for the 5th Annual Cambria Christmas Market. The market has a German style of Christmas Markets with entertainment provided every night. Event information can be seen below. We hope to see you there!
Event: Cambria Christmas Market
Dates: November 25 – December 23
Time: 5pm – 9pm
Cost: $5, $10, $15 (depending on the night); Kids 5 and under are free! Please refer to the Cambria Christmas Market calendar for nightly pricing.
Transportation: There are shuttles to and from the Market. The last shuttle to the Market is at 8pm and the last one from the Market is at approximately 9:15pm
Wine can have many benefits besides the consumption of wine itself. Before throwing away that half bottle of wine that you did not get a chance to finish during last week’s dinner party, try one of these unusual ideas that wine is good for.
Red Wine – Whether you were drinking Merlot or a smooth Cabernet, red wine has tremendous effects on other things besides cooking or drinking.
Jump in the bath tub with a glass of new wine and pour a few glasses of previously opened red wine into the water. The red wine compounds soften skin, disinfect and replenish your skin.
If you compost this will work wonders for you. Adding the last few drops of your aged red wine into the bin will cause the bacteria to activate thus helping you grow a healthier garden.
White Wine – If you are having a nice Chardonnay or tasteful Sauvignon Blanc during the start of your evening, don’t feel bad if end up having to plug the cork back on the bottle because you have some leftover wine. White wines have other uses besides drinking too!
White Wines when mixed with baking soda can do good during a kitchen clean or anywhere else you are trying to remove those nasty grease stains. It will make scrubbing your grill or kitchen floor an easy task to accomplish.