If you plan on putting your home for sale and getting it ready and listed as one of the Santa Maria homes for sale on the market you need to do a few things so you can get a buyer interested in buying your home. There are many buyers out there all trying to figure out how to buy a home and eager to buy but not all homes desirable as they can or should be so that they can get the right amount of interest for your house? Impression is the keyword, and first impression is lasting impression. You just need to get your house ready to sell by doing some preparation. Get inspected by a professional if you want to pay a little effort for maximum results, or if you don’t want to spend much money by paying professional you can do a lot of it yourself and get your house ready to sell.
Now the question is how to get a buyer impressed to give you the maximum dollar amount for your home? Here are a few steps to think about in the steps for getting your house ready to sell to a buyer.
Beautify the exterior
The goal is to make your exterior look clean and fresh in order to impress your buyer. Just to inform you that the exterior becomes the first impression so don’t overlook this part. There are two sensory organs of a buyer you must impress. Those are their eyes and nose. Get the garden to look full of life making the outside look very welcoming and fresh here are some steps you can do:
– cut the grass, trim the trees, flowers, and water the plants
– Clean up the curb and the walkway path
– Freshen up the house with a little scented potpourri.
– Clean all of windows and doors.
– Get rid of excess stuff and put it out of sight so its not all cluttered
– Paint the walls if needed.
Make the inside all cosy
After your buyer gets a good impression from the outside of the house do some simple things to get the inside up to par. Your aim is to make a buyer feel at home when they enter your home. Here are a few steps:
– Clean up the tile floors; scrub the bad spots.
– Get rid of spider webs from the ceilings.
– Wash the carpets with a fragrant soap to give it a nice smell but don’t over do it.
– Get your furniture arranged so that its not cluttering the room.
– Clean out the closets
– Clean the garage, basement, and attic you might have to get a storage unit if you have to much stuff.
– Get the windows opened and cleaned, let in the fresh air
– If you have pets, bath them and get rid of any pet smell you may have.
– Put some fresh fragrance in the air conditioner.
Repairing and Replacing
If you have to do some repairing and replacement then do it broken furniture, equipment, or appliances.
– broken or missing door
– cabinet handles
– ventilation filters
– broken tiles in bathroom and kitchen
– some furniture
Get your friends’ opinion on what they may think that you need to do the thing is you want the best and highest offers and the more people that are interested in your home the more likely that you will get an offer you are looking for. So assume some of your friends are a buyer, and try to get some advice and honest suggestions to make your house more ready to sell. And the most important thing is your agent. If you are working with an agent they are going to be able to tell you what you may have to do although many times you may not like what they have to say. Just remember an agent deals with looking at homes all day long and listens to clients all day long on what they like and what they do not so they have a pulse on what most buyers are looking for. The reality is that this is your home and you have a reason to have an emotional attachment just remember you have to let go if you want the best price for your home.